Born between 23rd July and 22nd August, the Leo sign belongs to the fire element of the zodiac, with an astrological symbol represented by the lion. Just like the symbol, Leos are known for being optimistic, passionate, enthusiastic, and spontaneous. Their presence literally lights up a room. Leos are famous for their exuberance, self-confidence, and loyalty. Be it around their peers, at home, in the office, or out, they always make their environment their personal kingdom. They are the bosses, with everyone else under them, however, they fiercely protect and are loving towards those under their rule. In addition to being the fifth sign of the zodiac, Leo is also ruled by the sun, the celestial body governing life and vitality. The sun seldom goes retrograde, and just like the sun, Leos are known for their loyalty, stability, and consistency. They dedicate themselves to their friends wholeheartedly. Lions enjoy seeing their mates succeed until they feel threatened. Leo’s pride, ego, and jealousy can impair them when they have fears of their star power being eclipsed.
The strengths and weaknesses of Leo
1. They are caring and love living a good life- Their circle of friends and acquaintances is large, and they are protective of them and care for those close to them. They love living their life on their terms and dislike rules and orders.
2. Optimistic- They always see life’s silver lining and a positive aspect of any situation they face. They have a preference for focusing on the good rather than dwelling on the bad.
3. Natural leaders- They always strive to be on the top and in the spotlight. They have a natural regal aura and generosity that attracts people to follow them. They love being stars and strive to be the center of attention. Their natural confidence, desire for attention, and intuition to please the crowd makes them popular.
4. Protective and kind- They always take responsibility and are willing to help others. They go to great lengths to ensure that their loved ones are happy. They are compassionate, extremely kind, and generous.
5. Loyal and honest- They are loyal to those close to them. They are direct and straightforward and offer honest feedback when requested. They will not lie to impress, but sometimes their honesty comes off as extreme bluntness.
1. Arrogant- Their confidence and dominance are sometimes seen as conceit and arrogance. They may get self-centered and believe they are the best in everything, preferring to offer advice but not taking advice from others kindly.
2. Lazy- They have a lot of ambition and enthusiasm but are lazy and often opt for the easier option when faced with situations.
3. Dogmatic and proud- They can stick to a wrong idea just out of stubbornness and pride and seldom admit their mistakes.
4. Domineering- They rarely tell when they should stop domineering and listen. They always demand respect and may get frustrated when unable to control others.
5. Competitive and jealous- They desire the best in life and do not like being outshined.
Advice for Leo
You are so talented, which explains why you are self-confident. However, your confidence can be mistaken for arrogance or egotism, so keep other people’s feelings in mind to avoid misunderstandings. Your extreme focus could make you inflexible sometimes, so it is important to always keep an open mind since opportunity comes in various forms.
How to get along with a Leo
Instead of getting irritated by Leo’s characteristics, be attentive when you listen to them and inform them of your recent achievements. They most likely will enjoy listening to you and commend you for it.