Born between 23rd August and 22nd September, the Virgo sign belongs to the earth element of the zodiac, with an astrological symbol represented by the Maiden or Virgin carrying a wheat shaft. Just like the symbol, Virgos are known for being service-oriented and innocent. They are the purest of the zodiac signs and are known for being overly critical, but at the same time clean and organized. In addition to being the sixth sign of the zodiac, Virgo is also ruled by mercury, the messenger planet of communication. People born under this sign deal with information in a more advanced manner, transforming even the most mixed-up information into concepts that are clear and organized. They are gentle, kind, and make supportive friends using their incredible intellect to solve problems.
The strengths and weaknesses of Virgo
1. Intelligent- They are intelligent and always ready to learn. Ruled by planet Mercury, Virgo is the sign of intelligence. They approach life sympathetically and ensure not to leave behind any loophole.
2. Calm- They appear as calm and collected but inside have a great intensity demanding that they organize their worlds. They are patient and always find the good in people.
3. Analytical- Their minds can see things in black and white and their keen attention to detail helps them find solutions in complex situations.
4. Honest- They tell people the truth about how they feel about them without sugarcoating.
5. Reliable- They keep up with commitments and complete hard tasks with perfection and efficiency because they are rational.
6. Perfectionists- They only settle for the best and this works well with their practicality and analytical thinking.
7. Problem solvers- They try to solve the problems of the people close to them to improve their lives. This is sometimes mistaken for being over-controlling.
1. Critical- They are among the few zodiac signs who are difficult to get along with. They are sometimes overly critical and demanding since they already have a clear picture in mind about how things are supposed to be.
2. Judgmental- They tend to appraise people based on a single viewpoint not considering that they are a complete person which results in interpersonal conflicts.
3. Old school- They are quite conservative and not much into modern changes preferring to do things the traditional way.
4. Slow- They take relatively longer to warm up and get to know people. They usually commit after enough prodding but it takes quite some time.
Advice for Virgo
You must be careful that your weaknesses do not overtake you. You tend to be picky with things, which is normal with perfectionists. However, your picky nature can make you seem too focused on the small things and not paying enough attention to the bigger picture. You can avoid falling into this trap by keeping your focus on what you truly want and avoid worrying about the small things that may not go the way you want.
How to get along with Virgo
Virgos tend to be shy and normally have fewer friends. Keep in mind that Virgos are good friends since they are reliable in times of need. You will have to prove that they can rely on you for them to open up to you. They can be workaholics, and so it can be hard to get them out. It is important to respect this fact before trying to get them to come out. Being the sixth sign, they are the most helpful sign of the zodiac. You should try accepting their offer for help unless you really should do something yourself, since it makes them so happy and also because they tend to withdraw when they feel like they are not appreciated.