Libra is the Zodiac’s seventh sign, symbolizing people born between September 23rd and October 22nd. It is represented by the scales symbol and named by the astrologers of the ancient world after the stellar constellation. The scales are associated with the astrological emblem of the goddess Themis, who ruled over law and justice. Libras are well known for their charm, beauty and state of balance. They are good at keeping things tidy and attractive. They often seek balance and can be almost as charitable as they are self-indulgent. Libras also compromise kings and queens and enjoy keeping peace with others. Therefore, they are better friends, partners and leaders and can adapt these positive attributes to their personal and work lives.
The strengths and weaknesses of Libra
Some of the strongest qualities of Libra are honesty and an outgoing character. That’s why their company is enjoyed.
1. Diplomatic – Libras are typically mediators and skilled in their relationships in a way that is both tactful and diplomatic. They deliberately weigh their words and strive to reach as many people as possible.
2. Fair – Libras have a deep sense of social justice. They want to ensure that everybody’s understood and that things are balanced, particularly when it comes to group activities.
3. Idealistic – Libras usually choose to look at the positive side. Under all circumstances, they see the good in everybody. They are eager and believe the best in people and ideas. They have strong expectations for new initiatives and new things to explore.
4. Social – Libras like to be around people, and they also like to meet new ones. They flourish in having company, and they are surrounded by curious people who can bring new ideas to them. Socializing is one of the most significant aspects of the Libra character.
5. Clever – Libras are wise, intelligent and good at making conversation. They are very creative and quick on their feet, which makes them great company and great at solving problems.
Libras are a special lot and their negative characteristics are part of their personality.
1. Indecisive – Their love for harmony can often be a hindrance to them. They want everybody to be pleased and find it impossible to stick to one thing or another, even though it may seem insignificant.
2. Non-Confrontational – They are excellent at striking a compromise between people but they find it difficult to face their own issues and as a result they avoid difficult talks.
3. Self-Pitying – They tend to be self-centered and if things don’t go as they wish, they feel like everyone is against them and the world is coming to an end.
4. Unreliable – They can be undependable even though they make good friends.
5. Vain – Libras likes gorgeous things, including themselves. They may spend a lot of time on their looks and even look down on people that they think are not attractive.
Advice for Libras
Make sure you create bigger challenges for yourself throughout your career. Don’t waste time on people who criticize you for being compassionate, but concentrate on being the good friend that you are. When you are bored, you tend to be drawn towards coercion, so always check to see if you are restless. Direct that drive towards innovative or voluntary projects. Be aware of areas that you need to improve on to avoid conflict with other people.
How to get along with Libras
Libras tend to be extroverts who love attention. Give them compliments to get on their good books. Avoid criticizing them or starting arguments with them because they don’t like confrontational situations. Since they like leading and are good at it, give them that opportunity, even though they might come up with many ideas. Just help them choose one and settle on that.